What is the best part of you?

 Happy Monday, Willow families! We started our morning by reading The Best Part of Me by Wendy Ewald. This book features photos and poems about childrens' favorite parts of themselves. Since we've been discussing affirmations and how to be kind to others, we thought we would show kindness to ourselves by taking a look at our bodies and wondering, what's the best part of me? The Willows peered into a long mirror to see themselves and then they captured their "best part" on paper. 




LauS drew her whole body and said, "Everything! I just love everything on me!"

EM: "My hair! I love the color of it and the blonde is curly. There's little curls in my hair."

EPA: "My feet! I can walk and run and I don't get tired at all!"
PK: "My hair because I am a rockstar!"
WN: "My hair because I like it! I like when it's long and I can put a ponytail in it."

CL: "My face! I like my face because I like smiling and looking at trains. I like my hair because it's so soft."
JeS: "My whole body!"

Not all the Willows had a chance to draw their best part yet, but we will be continuing this good work tomorrow! 

We also spent our morning finally adding color to our collaborative kindness drawing. All the different colors really brought all their drawings to life!






Be Happy, Be Kind
Sois Heureux, Sois Gentil

Comments