Our Work Continues...

We had so much to explore this morning!

The first exciting thing that happened was birds enjoying the bird seed in our new bird feeder!
The kids were so excited to see a cardinal and a brown finch get a little morning snack! We hung a chart next to the bird feeder so the children could tally all of the birds that we see!
We had friends creating different kinds of homes this morning as well!
This friend made a house out of builders on the light table.
And this friend made a house out of magnatiles!
These friends pretended to work at McDonalds and realized that they needed to make some money so we had to figure out what it looked like!

Welcome to McDonalds, can I take your order?

Later in the morning we checked out pieces of a hornets nest! We used magnifying glasses, little flash lights and a new microscope to see all the intricate details! As one of friends said, "this is so cool!"
LaS: There's a queen inside. All the lines protect it and the babies.
HL: This is old and delicate. It's very very easy to break.

LB: I see dots, they're like gray and there's lots of lines.
WN: There's different colors, there's lines. Maybe they draw on it with pencils.
HL: The yellow things (lines) are wasp stings.
JaS: It's pretty soft and kinda smooth.



Our friends continued their work on their nests! 
We added little birds to see what that might inspire!

SB: "I'm using yarn as mud!"
CL: "I need to put my nest in the tree!"
PK: "Do birds have feet?"
We learned that they do have feet, but they have claws too!

EM: "Look at my nest! It's fluffy and snuggly!"




We also added some birds to the building on the light table and watched what unfolded!

LB: "I have a snowy owl! This is his home. It's cold inside because it's white. It's hot outside and he doesn't like that. He's hibernating. He's a snow owl so he likes Winter, not Spring!"
HL: "My nest is black because my bird likes night. The nest is dark inside."
JeS: "I love my bird's nest! It matches my bird's colors. Tweet! Tweet!"


Be Happy, Be Kind
Sois Heureux, Sois Gentil

Comments