A Caper Day Full of Kindness & Love

Before Capers, we read A Little Spot of Love by Diane Alber. Since the Willows have been recently discussing kindness, we thought a book about love would be the next best book to read at meeting! This book describes how your "love spot can grow" with acts of kindness such as giving compliments, helping others, making things for one another, giving hugs or high-fives, and so much more! We wondered: "How can you grow your love spot?" Here are some thoughts from our Willows:

LaS: "Hugging mom!"

JaS: "I gave a card to my dad and Buster!"

FJ: "I give my mom cards and hugs and she gives me hugs and kisses!"

MW: "Hugs!"

CL: "Give a hug."

AH: "I take care of my sisters."

LB: "I am going on a trip and mom can't come, so I'm making 2 cards for her!"

DZ: "Love mom, dad, brother, and sister."

LuS: "I hug my mom, dad, and brother!"

CG: "Making bracelets!"

JeS: "I make mommy pictures."

WN: "I give hugs and say, can I play with you? nicely." 

REMINDER: No school tomorrow Friday, the 13th and Monday, the 16th. See you all on Tuesday! Have a wonderful long weekend.


At Capers, we shared our love and kindness with Spruce and Dogwood! 
We wondered, "Who can you make a kindness bracelet for?" Friends grew their love spots by stringing colorful beads together to create kindness bracelets for themselves, moms, dads, brothers, sisters, grandmas, and grandpas! So sweet!















A kindness anklet, haha!





We also painted with watercolors on paper hearts! They turned out so beautiful.













Other lovely happenings...





Be Happy, Be Kind
Sois Heureux, Sois Gentil


Comments