We started our morning with a special book called Time to Make Art by Jeff Mack.
This story taught us that there is no wrong or right way to make art and that art is more than just paint on paper (although that is a great way to make art too!).
After reading the story we asked the children what they think it means to be an artist or what it means to make art! Here are their answers:
WN: You can paint on the wall in the city if you are an artist.
LaS: I already painted something, so I'm an artist.
BH: I want to mix colors.
SB: You can paint on paper, you can do glass art.
JeS: They can make different paintings.
JaS: Artists can paint on walls and floors and they use a ladder to get up high.
LB: You can draw pictures of hermit crabs and be an artist.
MW: I was sleeping and an artist painted my floor brown.
EM: I painted an egg red.
LuS: I played with clay and made a mountain.
CG: An artist can paint halloween stuff.
EPA: An artist can paint a turtle.
FJ: An artist can paint on Easter eggs.
CL: An artist can paint on trains.
Clearly our friends are excited about the idea of artists painting!
This morning we invited children to be artists in many different ways, we hope that they begin to see that art is everywhere and can be represented in many ways!
We invited children to try to create the colors that we projected on the table using tempera paint markers.
We introduced mosaics this morning. The children enjoyed spending time creating art using squares and triangles. We saw some beautiful patterns emerge!
"It's a doggy."
We created art using playdough and colorful loose parts.
"I made a skeleton!"
We explored with fall loose parts on the light table, watching how light and color play together to make something beautiful!
"There's a surprise inside!"
We learned that building is also an art!
And we continued our work on our self portraits!
We can't wait to share them with you!
Be Happy, Be Kind
Sois Heureux, Sois Gentil

























Comments
Post a Comment