We have observed that the Willows have a big interest in colors. So, since we started our work last week with making our faces, we thought we could experiment with color mixing to make our skin tones. At meeting we read: Brown: The Many Shades of Love and discussed the colors we saw on our skin. At the table, a mirror, paints, and plastic wrap were set out. We asked the Willows, "Can you make a color that looks like you?"
Some Willows looked into the mirror and at their skin to name the colors they saw. Here is what we heard:
HA: "I see dark brown and my hand is light brown."
WN: "I see white."
EPA: "I see dark brown too."
EM: "I see white."
SB: "I see peach. I'm adding red because there's a little red on my peach color."
FJ: "I see peach too and white, pink, and red!"
LuS: "I see peach, and red, and white!"
MW: "I see pink!"
Some Willows simply experimented with mixing the various colors. After each Willow was done painting, they named their colors. We plan to continue this color mixing work through the week and we can't wait to see what other colors are created!
Be Happy, Be Kind
Sois Heureux, Sois Gentil




































Comments
Post a Comment