Today we revisited the pictures that we took from our walk last week!
The purpose of our walk to was to see what kind of buildings were in our neighborhood and to inspire us when thinking about our little city that we are creating in our block space. It was amazing to hear the children talk about our walk, remembering all of the places that we saw, and the excitement that they shared as we thought about what could be in our block space!!!
We then asked the children:
For our city should we work on houses or businesses?
The children then voted on what they wanted to work on first!
After a lot of conversation and
voting we decided that we are going to start with making houses!
We then read the book Boxitects by Kim Smith.
This story taught us about creating things out of cardboard and how to do it using friendship and compromise! We are excited to use boxes in our city after we design our buildings.
Then off to work we went!
We looked at the pictures of houses that we took last week and drew our own houses. We thought about the shape of the houses, doors, windows, adding a roof, and one friend even added a garage!
HL: My house is white and yellow.
GW: I made my house with a door, some wood, and a roof. It's very big!
LS: I made a bunny house. I colored my door in. Mines tall like a tower!
LS: I'm drawing the sky. My house has a roof and a garage.
It looks like like an apartment but it's a house.
CL: I'm making an airplane house. There's a pool, hot tub, house, and a school.
TS: I made a dinosaur house.
LG: I made windows and a door, there's a big pool too!
LS: I put a mailbox on my house!
Other Happenings...
Friends enjoyed some time playing with the roads
and cars as we think about transforming the space.
We explored in the small world materials.
We made muffins with gak.
And played with our babies in the house!
It was a great day!!!
Be Happy, Be Kind

Comments
Post a Comment