Today we took our loose part self portraits to the next step.
At our morning meeting we talked about drawing portraits and that today we were going to only use the color black so that we could focus on what different features we noticed on our faces and bodies that we might want to draw. The children were excited to share the different parts of their faces that they wanted to make a part of their own portraits!
We used a big mirror so the children could really look at themselves.
We worked in small groups of two which gave each child the time to really focus on themselves and add what they wanted to their portraits. It a really was fun to watch! We had about half of our friends finish their portraits this morning, we'll continue our work next week!
MW: I have ears! Oh my cheeks! I have hair, too and I have big teeth!
MM: I made my ears, eyes, cheeks and nose. Don't forget your nose! Oh and my eyebrows are under my hair!
PK: I made teeth and I'm making my hair.
AH: I want to draw my body and my face.
LS: This is me when I was outside. I have a dress, a balloon, and I put my nose and mouth and an apple tree!
MH: I have curly hair.
LS: I see my mouth, my head is big! I'm making my eyes.
TS: I make eyes, I make spiderman (on his shirt). I do me!
FJ: I have curly hair, well a little bit of curly hair. I'm going to make my whole self.
GH: I have eyes and a nose and a mouth and feet!
GW: I'm making myself huge! I have eyes, mouth, belly, and hair. Wait I need some hair!
Be Happy, Be Kind
Comments
Post a Comment