As we extend our learning and revisit learning invitations from last week we can see that the children are digging even deeper into their own ideas and plans.
We are going to start asking the children a Monday Question!
Today's question was:
As we work on these questions we will be counting, understanding the concepts of more/less and most/least and bigger/smaller, and as the year continues we will have the children begin to write their names to vote which will work on letter and name recognition. Today we decided that we like our mouths more than we like our eyes!
We continued our delve into our loose part self portraits this morning. We added yarn, buttons, and a few other new loose parts! Check them out!
After looking in the mirror MM said, "I have blue eyes." He then searched for the blue buttons and added them as his eyes. Later he said, "I have two eyes, two ears, a nose and a mouth and I have two eyebrows!"
FJ decided that she needed a little lunch for her portrait. She said, "I'm making pasta with some meatballs!" Gotta love how these kids minds work!
MH said, "my hair is curly so I have to make this (the yarn) go back and forth." After he added the hair he said, "oh no some of my hair is in my eyes" and he promptly moved the yarn from over his button eye!
We continued our work with the light, color, and shadow explorations.
We asked the children:
How do light and color play together?
This is how they answered:
We also explored with little legos, magnatiles on the light table, and the barn and horses in the block area!
Be Happy, Be Kind
Comments
Post a Comment