Oh What A Day!

We had such a fun day today!
Some friends wanted to make drawings for their mommy's for Mother's Day!
We decided to do some work with water colors and anyone that wanted to make a painting had the chance to! While the children were painting they started talking about all of the things they were going to do for their moms so we thought we'd document what they said:
CS: I'm going to let my mommy sleep in.
LG: I'm making my mommy a rainbow.
KA: My mommy is going to eat breakfast in bed. Me, daddy, and E are going to make it together.
GP: I'm going to rub her back the whole day.
HL: I'm gonna hide candy all over the house and she has to find it.
EF: I'm going to make her breakfast by myself and give her the best surprises ever.
HR: I'm gonna make the city London for her (with legos).
DL: I'm probably going to draw her a rainbow.
GH: I'm making momma a rainbow and dots.
MM: I'm making a rainbow and make breakfast in my big bed.
SR: I'm going to let my mommy stay up as late as she wants.
DS: Make her a heart.
AW: I'm going to make my mommy a present, maybe a game to play.
MU: We're going to make her a big breakfast.
EK: I'm going to make a toy garage so we can play together.
GP: She can do anything she wants.
AW: I'm going to let her watch whatever she wants.

We played outside this morning and the children wanted to jump off of the wall on the hillside. We talked about some safety rules; a teacher needs to be close enough to be watching, no pushing, and we have to listen to our bodies to know what feels like a comfortable spot to jump from!

Risk taking is so important in preschool. Children use problem solving skills and self regulation skills to figure out what they feel safe with and how far they can push themselves as they try new tasks. We encourage safe but risky play! 

Here's a great article about the importance of risky play if you'd like to dig a little deeper!

It's amazing to see their progression through these pictures, check out our friends and their risk taking!
This friend slowly made her way up the wall and jumped from higher and higher. When she felt too nervous to jump she found a spot that she was more comfortable with!


This friend also worked her way up the wall and eventually jumped from the highest spot!
She was so excited when she landed she exclaimed, "I did it, I did it!"






We also continued our bug finding adventures from yesterday!!!









Be Happy, Be Kind

Comments