The Skin You Live In

As we begin to study Black History Month we read the book The Skin You Live In by Michael Tyler this morning. We talked about how how we look the same in some ways and different in other ways! We are so lucky to have different kinds of skin! What makes us different also makes us beautiful!!!

We looked at how amazing all of our hands looked together.
One friend said, "It's a rainbow of skin."


"Look, my skin in lighter than yours."
"I have black skin and you don't."
"I like your fingernails."

We then spent some time exploring paint colors, looking for what mixtures might come close to our skin color.
"I can see my color, I have to do more mixing."



"I mixed so many colors to make it look like me. It's kinda like my hair and my skin."

"I have to look at my eyes."


We love the skin that we are in! We will continue our exploration of ourselves, our friends, our similarities and differences, and Black History Month!

Be Happy, Be Kind

Comments