Lines, Symmetry, and Snowflakes

As we have learned more and more about snowflakes we are gaining an amazing appreciation for them. We have learned that every snowflake is different from all other snowflakes. We also learned that snowflakes are symmetrical (unless they get bumped and part breaks off as they fall from the clouds). Today we used mirrors and white pipe cleaners to study symmetry.
"I want to make this one, it's a plate crystal."

"Now I'll make a column crystal, I need to look at the book first."
"I made all of them with six arms, snowflakes have six arms."



This friend took a deep look at snowflakes as symmetry, as well.
She placed the pieces against the mirror and smiled...




We continued our study of light and color. Today the children continued their exploration with magnatiles, little flashlights, and the small bells. Their creations are evolving beautifully!




"It's a party in here!"
"You can see the light through my hand!"

Be Happy, Be Kind

Comments