A beautiful conversation:
I wanted to share a little conversation that I overheard this morning before I share the blog. It gives you a little insight into the diverse learning that is happening everyday and how wonderful your children really are!
Two children were in the block area and one child accidently knocked over the other child's structure:
Child one (very sadly): Oh no! I knocked over your building!
Child two: It's ok, accidents happen.
Child one: I didn't mean to do it.
Child two: Sometimes our bodies move too fast and we doing something by accident. It's ok, we can fix it.
Child one: I can help you fix it!
Child two: ya, let's do it together!
Child one: Ya! I'm sorry for knocking it over.
Child two: It's ok.
They hugged and then began rebuilding the structure together! We love to see these moments with the children. They are so capable and absolutely brilliant!
On to the blog...
We revisited our work on snowflakes and the magnatiles with light.
The kids delved into creating their own snowflakes. As we have been reading a book about how snowflakes are made we watched as the children took what we have learned to create their own snowflakes!
"It starts with a speck."
"I'm making a star crystal snowflake."
"I'm making a column snowflake!"
"These are the water droplets, they are going to attach to the snowflake to make it bigger."
"It's Elsa and Anna with the snow."
"My snowflake has to have six arms, like the book. I'm connecting them with the wiki sticks."
"Look it's a star crystal!"
We engaged in our question, "What happens when you add light?" with our magna tiles again and the kids loved it! We tried out some new lights...
Be Happy, Be Kind

































Comments
Post a Comment