REMINDER FOR TOMORROW
WE ARE HAVING COSTUME DAY IN HONOR OF AW'S BIRTHDAY!!!
This morning's fun...
We had a lot of fun exploring with wet sand this morning.
As the rain began to stop we talked with the children about maybe playing in the sandbox and wondered what the sand might be like now that it was wet!
See our discoveries below...
We discovered that we can write in wet sand.
"Look, I made a heart! I love the sand!"
Right away MB decided to make a castle. She grabbed the biggest bucket that she could find and began filling it. She said, "I hope it stays together."
I asked her how she was going to make sure that the sand stayed packed together.
She said, "I have to pat it, pat it, pat it and then I will sit on it!"
Other children joined the space to see what was going to happen, excited to see if it worked.
As she patted the bucket she kept saying to herself "stay together, stay together" and then with a big pull and a tug she pulled the bucket off of the sand and...
With great happiness we saw that the sand stayed together!!!
She said, "woah, it worked! It worked! I'm going to make a whole bunch of them so it's a huge castle!"
Feeling inspired, several more children began to pack wet sand into cups, buckets, funnels, and anything else that they could find!
HL said, "I gotta hit it hard!"
"It worked, look!"
HR said, "it's so sticky, I'm going to make a house."
AG and BP worked together to try to make a castle like MB did.
They followed her lead and packed their sand into the bucket...
They did lots of pushing on the bucket, even sitting on it to help it stay together!
Then slowly they took the top off and...
Ohh, part of it came apart! We found this funny and then went to work on make new ones!
ET said, "Ms. Beth I"m making some soup, I have to twist the stick to add pieces to it. It's going to taste soo good!"
ET said, "I can make a butterfly stamp with my feet. Look I put them together like this and then when I jump off it's a butterfly!"
MM said, "we're just cooking."
KA and CS made AW a birthday cake out of sand and in the video below you can see them singing her happy birthday! She even blew out the candle!
(Tomorrow is her birthday! We are having COSTUME DAY tomorrow to celebrate)
Be Happy, Be Kind








































Comments
Post a Comment