We continued our work on transforming paper this morning.
As our interests have evolved we have had to be responsive with our space! The children have shown so much interest in paper and creations that we have created a mini atelier devoted to paper. Check it out the next time you visit the room!
MM became very interested in the new hole punchers in the paper atelier.
She said, "I'm gonna glue these on paper, it'll be pretty."
HS also enjoyed working with the hole punchers but had a different plan.
She began making a house at first.
HS said, "I need to put people inside."
"Here's my house! It has a front and a back!"
HS then went to work on a "tiny letter for koala".
"Here's koala's cake!"
ET began to cut out the cardinal from the front a card. I asked her to tell me about her work and she said, "I'm making a baby bird."
"Look at my baby bird!"
"I need to make him a nest."
"His nest needs a pool for him to swim in, maybe he will get some drinks from it."
In the video below ET tells you a little bit about her creation.
MB began by making a house.
But as she heard ET talk about her bird nest she decided that she wanted to make one as well.
"There's a baby bird in the nest and the momma bird is watching her on the outside."
While the paper transformation was happening with a small group another group of children was working on magnatiles at the light table and they explored our new space dedicated to Straight Noodles Restaurant. The rest of the class enjoyed some outdoor exploration time!
Be Happy, Be Kind























Comments
Post a Comment