Will there be shadows in the forest?

We headed off to the forest this morning with the question in mind
"Will there be shadows in the forest?"

The children guessed that there would be shadows. 
They thought we would see shadows of:
*ourselves
*trees
*sticks
*leaves
*animals


We had A LOT of friends that wanted to climb in the forest!
And we were excited to find so many trees in the forest that were perfect for climbing!




"There's shadows on A's face, take a picture!"


"I knocked the leaves out! Do you see their shadows?"

"I see my shadow, you have to be in the sunlight to see it."

"Look there's my shadow!"
"My shadow moved!"
"Why do you think it moved?"
"Because I moved!"






"I found treasure."
This friend was climbing in the tree and noticed her shadow moving on the ground. She watched and moved her foot back and forth, exploring with the way her shadow would move! Check out the video below to see her exploration:

As K moved his arm back and forth he watched his shadow move. He said, "My shadow moved!"
Shadows were a fun part of our forest explorations!

Be Happy, Be Kind

Comments