Revisiting our invitations from Friday

Today our end of the hallway decided that we wanted to revisit our work from Friday and let the children continue to explore each other's spaces! 
So we had a caper Monday!!!

In the Willow Room we continued our investigation into light, color, and shadows. 
Check it out...






As we have continued our work on the restaurant we have noticed the children talking about different foods that they want to serve. Today we asked them to draw pictures of the different kinds of foods for the restaurant! We used cookbooks for inspiration!
"Crescent rolls, my sister had crescent rolls for her snack."
"Cupcakes, for a birthday party!"
"I'm making spiral cookies, they are on a plate."

"This is a baby sucker treat."
"I'm making spaghetti."
"Cookies!"
"I'm drawing pancakes. They are so soft and sticky, I'm gonna make bacon too."

"I like these cookies, I'm going to make a heart cookie first and then maybe the flower cookie."

"Look at this pretty cake, I want to make that!"

"We can make all of the things." (looking at a cookbook page)
"We can make something with bananas."
"Ya, banana muffins!"
"Banana bread!"

"Carrots are my favorite, I like carrots."
"Check it off for mac and cheese."
"Pizza and chicken! I have sausage on my pizza."
"Here's a pickle!"

Once MB finished her drawing she took it over to the restaurant to show them.
She said, "here guys, here's some food that people can order."
The children at the restaurant said, "ok, thanks!"



Trying out some of our puppet friends!


"I made a birthday cake, blow out the candle!"

Check out the other classrooms blogs!

Be Happy, Be Kind

Comments