Happy Friday!
We can't believe that our day started off with snow! The kids were so excited to go outside and experience a spring snow. Their laughter in the two videos below is absolutely contagious!!!
In the classroom we had a lot of fun working on lines, measuring, stacking, and being very creative! Check it out!
These friends enjoyed stacking cups. As the cups got higher and higher they started to notice that they were stacked higher than them! KM said, "I added the green cups so that they are taller than me." and then AD said, "but it's not taller than me!" HS and MM joined in the measuring fun!
"I made patterns again but this time I stacked them up instead of making them go side by side."
"I made a parachuting monkey!"
JS made drew a picture and then added tape to the top so that he could hang it on objects and pretend that it was a parachute! What an amazing imagination!!!
We went back to making puppets again this morning. The children have shown a lot of interest in drawing, cutting, and taping. Many times these creations turn into puppets!
Right now our favorite way to make puppets is to wrap a strip of paper around our work, make it part of the puppet but also use it to hold on our hands. We are so impressed by the kids inventiveness!
We worked on simple lines in the classroom. We put rulers and white pencils on the table with a big piece of black paper. We asked the children to make any kind of line that they wanted!
"I'm making square lines, they are like the complicated lines from our book."
"This is a straight line, I might make a curvy one too."
"My lines are going to connect. They are going to make something but I don't know what."
"I want to make squiggly lines, kind of scribbly."
Some small groups made their way to the materials library. They took our two books that talked about lines and tried to make their own lines using loose parts! We gave the children an iPad again so that you can see things from their vantage point!
Be Happy, Be Kind
Have a wonderful weekend!!!







































Comments
Post a Comment