Lines on the playscape

We headed outside to do most of our learning this morning.
We gave the children clipboards and asked them to find lines on the playscape. They took this task very seriously and found some great lines!
"I found two lines, I drew them both!"
"I made the lines on there, it looks like a diamond."

"This whole thing is made of lines."

"A circle is a line too."
"There are so many lines, I can't draw them all!"


"We're making all of the pretty flowers."





"My shirt has lines."
"There's lines in the leaf."

"Look, even this pen is a line!"






"We're going to fill up the whole sidewalk with lines."



As we continue to explore art and structures we noticed today that a friend was creating something amazing out of rocks. AG said, "I am making a rock palace."

As he worked other children came over to see what he was doing.
He told them, "you have to balance the rocks so they can stack up higher but be careful because they might fall down!"

I showed him some rock structures that I saw while in Canada called Inukshuk. They symbolize safety, hope, and friendship. He was excited to see these enormous structures and wanted to try to make his bigger and bigger! Another friend said, "it's a sculpture, like art." We love the connections!

Other's joined AG making their own Inukshuk.

It was a great day in Willow! We can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Be Happy, Be Kind


Comments