We were big into building this morning! We set up the castle builders on a table with some of our small world pieces and watched to see what the children would do!
"Look at my tall tower. It's a castle, now I'm putting in the furniture."
"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine. Nine lights."
"What's this green stuff?"
"I think it's a tree."
"I made a tower that's taller than a building. Hey guys, look at my work! Do you like my work?"
"Yes, I like it!"
"I like it too!"
"Come look at what I made. It's a cremalodge."
"What's a cremalodge?"
"It's a store with a lot of decorations."
"This is a castle with a church."
"This is cool grass."
"Look, Ms. Stephanie. I made a castle with a bridge."
"This is the kings castle, he passed away and now the princess lives here. It's night time. I have to turn on the lights."
Another group of children went to work building with the big blocks!
"We're making a zoo!"
"This is way cooler than before!"
"I'm surfing."
We love building with magnatiles too!
Another group enjoyed working in our new sound space!
They were excited to try playing the instruments on the walls but eventually they all ended up on the floor! We made some beautiful music!
In the video above JG made a music store out of our instruments.
His friends came to him and asked him to play different instruments!
"I have to fix the guitar. Someone took the rubber bands off so it won't play."
"Thanks for fixing it! I love the guitars!"
We listened to the beat of the drum to try to play along.
As we banged on drums, xylophones, and all of the other instruments one child said, "I can do it, listen I sound like the drum!"
Be Happy, Be Kind
Comments
Post a Comment