Play is our brains favorite way of learning -Diane Ackerman

We engaged in some beautiful play this morning.
We noticed last week that some children were trying to hide under blankets to play so put a big black tablecloth over our block area. We added the castle builders, small blocks, and the little lights under there as well. We watched as children slowly made their way over to the space. The first child to come into the space said, "woah, what happened. It's so dark in here, I love it!"

"My castle is big and has room for everyone."
"I put the lights on so that the people inside the castle can see."

We received some amazing instruments from MB and her family!
We let MB share them with the children at our morning meeting. Everyone was really excited to get a chance to check them out. After our morning meeting we put the instruments in our new sound space and let the children explore!

We noticed that there were some instruments similar to the ones that we had! There were maracas that were smaller than ours. AG said, "look, these are little ones and these are big ones."
We listened to see if the similar instruments sounded the same as ours or different.
The maracas sounded different.
The tambourine sounded the same.
The shakers sounded different.
The xylophone sounded the same.

Another group of children worked on making some slime. They helped measure the ingredients, mix everything together, and voila we had slime!







"It's sticky!!!"


"We're making snakes."
We made some letters on the light table!
HS said, "I made a three!"
JG said, "I looked at the paper and made what it said!"
"I made a pyramid."

Be Happy, Be Kind

Comments