The I That We Are

Happy Monday!
We were so excited to get back to work today and continue our explorations from last week. 
We finished up our work on our self portraits this morning.

We asked the children:
What do you see?
Can you draw what you see?

Check out our work! We'll share the final products with you tomorrow!
"Look, look I see my lips!"
"I have to make my hair, it's everywhere."
"I have lots of mouths. I like to smile a lot."
"I have lots of fingers and toes. Look at them all!"
"Can I draw my tongue?"
"I think I have to make ears, too. They're on the side of my head."
"I have two eyes, a nose, and a mouth!"

"I want to have a smile."
"Look at my hair!
"I have teeth!"

While some children were working on their self portraits inside, another group headed outside to continue our nature collections. Once they felt like they had enough of a collection of nature they began creating a beautiful collage. 

The children were asked:
What are our intentions with collecting?
How do we connect our collections to family?












"It looks like a city of nature."
"It's like a family picture."


"Now everything looks big not normal size."
"It looks like neighborhood trees and it's love like our family."

Beautiful words from beautiful children! 
We can't wait to continue our study of ourselves and family!

Be Happy, Be Kind

Comments