Today we had some friends work on finishing the painting we began yesterday on the wooden box for our animal habitat. They worked very intently and they thoroughly enjoyed the painting. I loved listening to their conversations and comments as they worked together painting the front and insides of the box.
OB - Me and K are good at painting, right K?
KM - Yeah, I like painting!
AG - I love this paint! It's like painting a rainbow!
HS - I love this house!
As you know building with blocks is something the children love to do in the Willow room and they always make some of the most incredible structures. Check out the train JG made with the wooden blocks and the interlocking blocks as well as the video below:
We also took some friends out to explore with the magnifying glasses and the stringed sticks they made earlier in the week. They loved using the magnifying glasses to look for insects and bugs.
MB drew a picture of the spider that she saw under the lookout and said "it's got so many legs."
"Whoa, it's big!"
TL - "There's a bug, a bug!"
BP - "It's moving down the hill."
JC - Get the bug."
TL - "We can't catch it, it's gone."
BP and ZM looking at each other through the magnifying glasses and say "I can see 2 of you!"
TL drawing a picture of the bug that he saw.
BP and ZM looking at each other through the magnifying glasses and say "I can see 2 of you!"
and they thought that was very funny.




































Comments
Post a Comment