We had an amazing and busy morning today!
Some friends continued their work on the restaurant. We are very focused on making menus and food that represents the items on the menu! The children are very precise in their food making and very excited to share it with each other! Next week we are going to do a virtual tour in a real restaurant! My sister owns Stephanina's in Chesterfield and she is going to show us around the restaurant, including where they cook all of the food! She even said she would give us some menus so we could see what real menus have on them for customers! We're pretty excited about this experience!!!
"I made lemons!"
"There's a poptart in there. It's not on the menu but it's a nice little snack."
FD created a book about the Firebird Restaurant and wanted to share it with you! Check out the video above to learn more about what we serve!
We were also really excited to check on our caterpillars this morning! As you saw in the blog yesterday a couple of the caterpillars had made their way to the top of our jar. Well today there were 4 caterpillars at the top and this created a lot of excitement in our room!
Right away excited conversation surrounded the cup of caterpillars:
"Look, look there's four caterpillars at the top!"
"What are they doing?"
"Are any of them making a chrysalis yet?!"
"They are going to get bigger up there!"
"I see pieces of them, look there's black pieces."
"I think they are shaving their skin off, just like snakes."
"Ya, it was in the book remember. They have to get rid of their skin so they can get bigger."
"I think they are going to be butterflies soon, that's why they're at the top!"
"Maybe they are going to make them today."
"I think they are making a J, I'm going to make what that looks like. Can you help me make a J, JD?"
"Ya, it's just like this."
"I made the spikeys, they still have spikeys."
"Ya, mine have spikeys too."
"I'm making a butterfly picture too. I think this is what they might look like."
"Mines a giant caterpillar, those are their feet!"
"I made a giant butterfly jar, the caterpillars are eating and moving! They are going to turn into butterflies!"
"Look, there are still two at the bottom. They're in the net that protects them!"
"I'm going to make all the spikes and give my caterpillar some feet!"
Here's all of our observation drawings from today. We also began putting some of our observation pictures into a book. By then end we will hopefully have a beautiful book that tells the whole story of our amazing caterpillars!
Be Happy, Be Happy
Be Kind, Be Kind
and
Have a wonderful weekend!!!


























Comments
Post a Comment