This morning began with a lot of excitement! One of our caterpillars is in the J shape that we learned about! We learned that they first get into the J shape and then begin to make a chrysalis! The children were so excited to watch the caterpillars move, we know that butterflies are coming soon!!!
"We're going to have butterflies soon!"
"Look at how much he is shaking, do you remember that they shake? The book said that's how they changed!"
"The next step is the chrysalis. I hope they all do a J shape soon!"
"I think they are all going to the top so they can become a chrysalis and then we will have butterflies!"
"It's like J for me."
"I'm going to make them all hanging down so they can all be butterflies soon."
"Look there's still some crawling around. They might still be hungry. Maybe if they eat more they will get into the J shape too."
JD tells us about what he thinks is happening in the video below!
We also made a book out of all of our observations for the children to look at. FD looked at this morning and said, "look how much they have changed! They are so much bigger now!"
We can't wait to see if there are more caterpillars in the J shape tomorrow and to see how long it takes the caterpillars to make a chrysalis once they make the J shape! We'll keep you updated!
We noticed the rain, looked for birds, and checked on our seeds this morning! All while hanging out at the window!
Our nature ornaments finally dried completely! They took a little longer than expected but the kids have been very patient. This morning we took some time to mod podge them so that they will stay strong once we hang them up! We'll finish mod podging them tomorrow and then hopefully they'll be dry enough to hang next week!
We got out the big connectors to make structures this morning! The kids were very inventive!
"I'm making mine the longest."
"I'm going to make a pyramid." "I made a pyramid all by myself!!!"
We played in our restaurant today too! Check it out!
"I made a new sign for our restaurant."
When you are invited to the Firebird Restaurant you are first seated. Then they bring you a menu. You can choose from a breakfast menu, a lunch menu, a dinner menu, or the new brunch menu!
ZW said, "can I take your order?"
ZG said, "do you want some fruit?"
WM ordered his food! They brought it to him very quickly and he enjoyed it!
This was my order. I had grilled cheese (the brown and yellow triangle), a pancake with butter, and tomato soup (in the bowl). If you were wondering what the food is sitting on, that's the plates that they made! They thought of everything! By the way, this restaurant is a bit expensive. This cost me $20, haha! It was worth every penny!
While JG waited for his order they gave him something beautiful to look at. And once he was finished eating they offered him a dessert ball and a heart shaped mint filled with honey!
These friends have worked so hard on making this restaurant amazing! We are so proud of them, we may have to start making real food!!!
Until tomorrow...
Be Happy, Be Happy
Be Kind, Be Kind


































Comments
Post a Comment