The kids were feeling the love this morning!
We had a couple of children bring drawings and valentines in to share with their friends which led to a morning filled with love and friendship!
The children working at the art table asked for red and pink paper and tape, they then began creating beautiful pieces of artwork for each other! We sure do love each other in the Willow Room!
I put a mirror out this morning with some cream and watercolors. I intended for just a couple of children to be in this space at a time but immediately they all wanted to enjoy this sensory play so I stepped back and let them loose! I played the song Happy by Pharrell Williams and asked the children how it made them feel.
They said:
It makes me feel happy.
It makes me feel like dancing.
It makes me feel good!
I then asked them to paint and dance and move according to the music and how it makes them feel! They loved it!
Check out the video below to see the kids dancing and painting!
Just an fyi most of your children have purple hands, lol! Don't worry it will wear off!
We spent some of our morning building too! These friends were excited to share the "domino chains" that they created.
"Ms. Beth I made an X!"
"Look I made the stick on my hand."
He was able to create a print of the bark on his hand by pressing down hard on it with his palm!
Our day was so wonderful that I decided to give them a special treat before lunch! We watched the Going on a Bear Hunt story and had "s'mores" (we have left over graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows from before winter break that we used!). Even thought we didn't make it outside today we made the best of it and the kids had a great time and did some big learning!
We hope your day was wonderful too!
Be Happy, Be Happy
Be Kind, Be Kind




























Comments
Post a Comment