We seriously have the sweetest group of children in the Willow Room! This morning a couple of children began creating small notes of love to share with their friends.
I didn't realize what they were doing until ZW brought a little envelope over to me. She said, "this is for you, open it!" I open this sweet little envelope to find three perfect hearts drawn on the inside. She then said, "this is because I love you and I made them turquoise!" Such a simple and beautiful way to show someone that you love them! Thank you ZW!!!
Other friends recieved these special gifts as well. It was so sweet to watch each child receive their gift. The smiles it brought to their faces just goes to show that a little love can go a long way!
"It says my name!"
"I made you a butterfly with fire on the wings because I know you like dragons!"
"I put kitty cat faces on your butterflies wings because cats are your favorite animal!"
The thought and kindness that each of these small gifts contains is immense. What a beautiful gift it is to have children in our class that truly know and understand each other and want nothing but to make others smile! Love, Love, Love!!!
It was amazing to watch most of the class work in the block area today. They talked with each other, compromised on how to build and where to build, and came up with amazing stories to go along with their buildings. In past blogs we have showed you the work that some children have been doing with cardboard boxes, paper, and drawing materials to create their own small world. Well that work bridged over into their work in the blocks this morning! Check it out!
In the video below JD tells you about the home he created!
FD, JG, and WM worked together to make a house. They created different spaces for their people to watch TV and eat. In the video below FD explains some of their creation to you!
ZG worked on her house that was raised above the ground!
WK wanted to make the tallest tower. Later JD joined him in this conquest and they made it taller than themselves, which they found pretty exciting! I didn't get a chance to take a picture before it fell over!
We are so incredibly lucky and thankful to Gerry Kettenbach, the president of The Rotary Club. He donated a amazing amount of books to Ambrose and we were lucky enough to take some time today to check some of them out. We only took a few but the school received sooo many books!!! Here's the ones we looked at today.
Thank you so much to Mr. Kettenbach for this generous and thoughtful gift!
One of the books that were gifted was a book called Boxitect. In this book two children create all different kinds of things out of cardboard boxes. Immediately the children began talking about their small world and the use of cardboard in our classroom. We decided that we might need some more cardboard boxes, so I told them that they could each bring in one cardboard box to work on if they would like. I will try to bring some in also in case there are some kids that don't have one so don't worry if you don't have a cardboard box laying around lol!
Have a wonderful weekend! See you on Monday!
Be Happy, Be Happy
Be Kind, Be Kind

























Comments
Post a Comment