The air was thick with excitement this morning as the children watched the snow fall gently on our playscape! Just before our meeting I went to look out of our back door to see how much snow there was and before I knew it all of the children eagerly ran outside! It was delightful watching them dance in the snowflakes!
The kids were so excited for snow this morning. Each morning we sing a hello song to welcome everyone to our day and this morning the kids wanted a snow day hello song! They came up with the words on their own and we welcomed each friend to a snow day, lol!
We headed outside after meeting and I'm pretty sure the snow exceeded everyone's expectations! It was a fun morning for sure!!!
Immediately the children began drawing in the snow with their fingers!
We made snow angels!
Some friends made snowballs so we talked about how to throw snowballs at each other.
Some of the agreements that we came up with were:
Ask someone before throwing a snowball at them.
Don't throw a snowball at someone's face.
Don't throw a snowball at someone's head.
The kids were so thoughtful and kind to each other. I heard over and over "can I throw a snowball at you?" And usually the other child would say yes and then they would throw snowballs with each other. It was so wonderful to watch the children care for each other and be respectful of each other's wishes!
The first picture is his gloves after playing in the snow for a few minutes. He came back to me a little bit later and said, "look at my gloves now! They're all snow!!!"
You can't be out in the snowfall without trying to catch snowflakes on your tongue! We made sure to socially distance ourselves on the playscape while we caught as many snowflakes as we could!!!
JD said, "I can see my foot prints. I like to see how it points at the top."
After coming back inside and warming up the kids went back to work. We have been talking about moving our room around so we wanted to begin working on new room designs. A couple of friends worked in this space for quite a while. We will continue to design our space and let you know what happens!
We hope this snow day brings you as much joy as it did for us!!!
Be Happy, Be Happy
Be Kind, Be Kind

































Comments
Post a Comment