During our morning meeting today we had a conversation about the events that transpired Wednesday night. Some students had heard about it through the news or from their parents, while others were unaware but curious. We talked about what the children knew and how they felt about it. We read from our WeStories bag and discussed skin color and diversity. One of our friends said, "our skin is different but we still like the same things."
We talked about how to solve a problem and how to handle our feelings, big or small. One child said, "we have to talk about our problems because if we don't we will still feel sad or mad." Another child responded, "sometimes I feel mad but I take some breaths and I can talk to my mom or dad and that makes me feel better."
These are some big lessons from our little people! We will continue to have these big conversation with our youngest learners in the hopes that they will grow up to be kind, thoughtful, courageous, and inspired human beings!
This is the story that we read this morning.
We had a very busy morning!
We stayed inside a little longer since it was so cold outside and the kids really enjoyed themselves! They did some great work!
Creating shapes on the natural geoboards.
Pretend play and storytelling on the light table.
Exploring letters with the puzzle pieces!
"I put these two letters together to make another J!"
AC: I need the letter U to make my name, will you give it to me?
WK: Sure, do you have a W for my name?
AC: no but we can find it.
JD: I have it, you can have it.
JG: I want to make my name, I have J and O but I need more letters.
WM: I made my name, look I have a W.
We worked on numbers and measuring. What do you think was the heaviest object on the table?!
After a great morning inside we headed outside to get some fresh air in our lungs and some gross motor movement for out bodies!
"We can jump across!"
We made lots of food and pretended to be a family!
WK: Let's put rocks on here and see which ones are heavier.
JD: I can lift it up for you because I'm so strong!
JD: the big one was heavier than the little ones!
WK: yeah, the littles ones are way smaller!
We ended our morning with a flashlight dance party! Here's a little snippet of the fun!
Have a wonderful weekend and as always
Be Happy, Be Happy
Be Kind, Be kind





















Comments
Post a Comment