We would like to introduce you...

Yesterday we introduced a couple new friends to our class and now we want to introduce them to you!
Leo the lion and Geo the giraffe have joined Willow Room to help us learn more about social skills! If you were wondering, yes the children named our new friends haha! Leo has a very big personality and Geo is very quiet and shy so right now we are working through how to play nicely, how to use our words, and how to share our materials. Leo and Geo will hopefully continue to help us grow and learn!!!

We spent more time in the classroom this morning since it was so chilly out. The children engaged in some beautiful work!
We added to our nature collages. The children want to hang them in the room so once they're dry we'll have to find the best spot for them!

The children explored with a mirror and loose materials. At first they were very intrigued with seeing themselves. They laughed about how they could see the ceiling and wondered why different things looked upside down!


Then they decided to make a beach! They sorted materials and used all of the blue and white pieces as the ocean. Then they used all of the brown materials as sand! They loved working on this, they told a big story about how they were at the beach. In their story they swam with fishys and whales. They rode in a boat and looked for treasure!
At the same time, the girls were playing at the light table. They created homes for their animals and told stories with each other about their animals!

These friends were looking at the black magnetic wall and pretending that it was a television! I asked them if the wanted to add pictures to their t.v. with magnets and they excitedly said yes!
JG began placing his pieces very symmetrically on the wall. I watched as he worked and he was very purposeful in his choice of magnet. He wanted every piece to fit together perfectly!
"I'm making me!"
"I have my hair and two arms, my legs and ankles!"

WM was excited to put all of the straight lines together. He said, "I made a square with all of the lines, look!"

Later JD joined and began working on creating himself just like JG.

"I'm bigger than this one but it's me! And look I gave it a belly button!"
Once they were finished working they got their chairs and pretended to watch a show on t.v.! JG said, "I'm on t.v." and then laughed! 
Such a fun, creative day! This class loves to tell stories!

Comments