Wow! We had an Amazingly beautiful day at the Forest today. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the children couldn't of been more happier than being there. Free to roam, free to be just about anything and anyone they wanted to be. This was their time to ex1plore in the place they call "the Forest." Today was nothing short of a few friends reaching new levels of height as they ran to their favorite climbing tree and began what they usually always do and that is climb, climb and climb!
I'd like to take the time to focus on this one particular friend, ZW of whom I noticed near the center of this huge fallen tree with such a very long trunk, that extends pretty high up in the air. I was amazed to say the least, and completely in awe as I observed her climbing with absolutely no fear at all. I remembered thinking, how in the world would I be able to get her down? Would I be able to catch her if she slipped and fell? What was I thinking? I knew deep down that she was taking a big risk, if you will, aiming to make it to the very top. Well, I stood very close by with Mr. B's support and did what I thought was best and that was to let her be...because she knew her limits and she was not afraid at all.
As a matter of fact, she did not want me to encourage her to come down (in which case I was.) No! Instead, she wanted to go higher and higher and she wanted me to just watch! "I want to go all the way up there. I can make it to the top!" she said. And, you know what? She absolutely, without a doubt, made it all the way to the top and was thrilled! I was extremely excited for her, for her braveness, her fearlessness and her extreme confidence. Her ability to climb to newer heights caught the attention of two other friends who wanted to join her and they, too began following her lead. Check it out!!!






































Comments
Post a Comment