REMINDER:
NO SCHOOL TOMORROW (TUESDAY 11/3/2020)
I'm not sure if you noticed or not but Willow friends have been very intrigued by the idea of potions. We have talked about potions, what potions do, drew pictures, and explored with all different kinds of possible ingredients! Today was no exception! I put clipboards on the floor with markers this morning and immediately children were drawn to this space, they laid on the floor and began drawing their own potions! Check out their ideas:
JD: I put in mud and leaves in my potion. It's going to explode!
WK: My potion has chemicals and nature. I used vinegar and baking soda like before and bubbles up and explodes!
ZG: This potion has kitty hair and kitty tails and kitty whiskers, it turns you into a kitty.
ZW: My potion has grass and grease on eyeballs!
WM: It's a potion that explodes, I put some leaves in it.
JG: My potion has some blue in it and some green and that's all.
FD: There's a force field and my potion is inside of it.
Once we were finished drawing potions we headed outside and made some potions with new ingredients. The kids loved it! They had the opportunity to see what would happen when we mixed oil and water, what happens when colors mix, and what happens when you add a tablet of sodium bicarbonate to our potion mixtures!






























Comments
Post a Comment