This mornings flurries brought so much joy to our classroom! Every child that walked in commented on the snow, one friend exclaimed "there's REAL snow outside, it's really real!" They happily gathered at the window to watch the snow gently fall to the ground. It was really sweet to hear them giggle and talk with each other about how fascinated they were about the snow. It was a nice way to start our day!
We stayed inside a little longer this morning, waiting for the temperature to rise a bit. The children enjoyed some time painting on the light table, making books, playing with jewels, and creating an amazing track for their trains to ride on!
"I'm making a book about everyone's mom. It's called The Mom Book."
"My book has all different cats in it!"
"This is The Cat Book, I'm going to write a little on each page."
"You can see through this jewel, it's a little blurry but I can see you WK!"
"Look inside of here, you can see some brown!"
We finally bundled up and spent some time outside! We will go outside during all kinds of weather so make sure your child has warm clothes on and brings a hat and gloves to go with their coats!
"We're waiting for more snow!"
"I'm sad that the snow isn't here."
"I hope the snow comes back soon!"
These two friends worked together on making potions using rocks and mud. I asked them what will happen once they take their potion. They said that it would turn them into different animals!
WK said, "it's going to make me a monkey."
JD said, "I'm going to turn into a lion, no a black shark, no I'm going to be a whale!"
It was funny to watch them because they dug and dug all of the mud that they could and smooshed rocks into each chunk of mud. Then finally they pretended to eat it and started acting like the animals that they talked about! JD said, "I'm a whale, I'm a whale" while he flopped around on the top of the cave! And WK ran around the cave making monkey sounds. They were having so much fun with each other, just being silly!
Of course we have to spend some time jumping off of the cave!
These two friends enjoyed pretending that they were at home while up on the sorting table. WM said, "we're sleeping and when we wake up we will have some breakfast." JG said, "ya, we have to get lots of sleep first." They pretended to wake up and laughed with each other at the idea of sleeping on the table. It was really sweet!
Once they were awake they came to this space to get into their car. They had to carve out a space for the passenger so that they could both fit. Once they were ready they headed to school!
These friends dug for buried treasure! They used sticks to dig into the mud and then started "painting" the tree. AC said, "we're decorating the tree, it'll be pretty."
Others wanted to dig and paint the tree too! Not much of the mud stuck to the tree but the kids had fun working together!
Later these girls began working on a space in the rocks to make a fairy garden. ZG was really excited to add a tree, while ZW moved all the rocks away from the dirt so she could make beds for the fairies.
Then the girls added bigger rocks to make furniture pieces and leaves to make the front and back doors.
You may have noticed that I didn't take any materials out with us today. I had only planned on staying outside for a short time since it was so cold so I left the wagon in the classroom. I pleasantly watched as the children found ways to play with only the natural materials that our playscape gives us. They used their imagination, created beautiful scenerios, and worked so well together! It was wonderful to watch them use their environment so well in their play, they didn't need anything from the classroom because they had all that they needed provided to them by nature itself! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings and what their imaginations come up with in the future!


































Comments
Post a Comment