We enjoyed working in the classroom this morning. The children asked me to share the creations that they made with all of you so here's a little bit from the beginning of our day!
"This started as a flower and then grew."
"We're making a train together."
We changed out our sensory bins this week. The children helped clean out their own sensory bin and then got to choose what they wanted to put back into their bin. They could choose between kidfetti, sand, and floam!
After our morning meeting we headed outside to get to work! I have noticed over the last few weeks that a group of children has been making ramps in our block area each morning. I decided to bring some ramps outside with us to see if they would continue this work outside and I was not disappointed! The ramps were a hit!
As I observed all of the children working I noticed these two friends trying to figure out the best place to put their ramps. I asked them why they needed to find the "best place" and they said, "so it rolls fast!" They tried using the big ramp piece and the small ramp piece. They tried all different spots in our zone. One thing that they noticed after a few tries was that the balls traveled further on the sidewalk than on the grass! They even put a ramp on my foot and leg to see what would happen! It was a lot of fun and they really used their scientific inquiry skills to work out where they liked to roll the balls the most!
These videos show you how their ramp trials worked out for them!
I asked JG, "does it work better on my foot or on my leg?"
He replied, "it goes faster on your leg!"
We also had friends making potions, making a nest for a dinosaur egg, and roasting marshmallows by the fire! It was a great day in Willow and we can't wait to go to the forest tomorrow!




































Comments
Post a Comment