The children eagerly went back to exploring with our bur oak acorns this morning! I added magnifying glasses and clipboards so the children could document what they were seeing on these new, interesting materials!
WM said, "look the acorns are back out. I want to get one out, do you want to get one out with me JG?"
JG replied, "ya, let's get the acorns!"
They then excitedly chose their acorns to work with and peeled away!
JD held an acorn in his hand, felt the edges with his fingers, used the magnifying glass to look closely at it, and then drew a picture of what he saw.
ZW took the acorn out of the outer shell and put leaves into it. She said, "I put leaves in to make a potion."
WK began drawing. I asked him about his picture and he said he was drawing his potion.
WK said, "I'm making a potion, we need to take this with us outside so I know the ingredients to my potion. It's swirly and with lots of colors."
I asked, "what kind of potion do you want to make?"
He replied, "let's make a bubbly potion!"
To help the children make a bubbly potion I brought vinegar, baking soda, and liquid watercolors outside with us. The kids loved it!


























Comments
Post a Comment