We had a wonderful morning in spite of the cold rainy weather. We continued our work with our bur oak acorns and nature collections. Friends worked together discussing potions, making drawings of potions and creatures. During our morning meeting this friend shared his drawing of a potion he'd drawn and shared his idea about what was needed to make the potion. The friends were excited and talked about the potion that they made with Ms. Beth yesterday and they talked about how big it was that it overflowed like a volcano. Check out the work today:
This friend made a drawing of "groot" then sat and re-created him using our nature collection.
The children got out the Leaf Man book to think about the materials that they wanted to use and how they wanted to create their own creatures.
JD said, "I need to add a nose."
He looks around a bit and says, "I have an idea! Look at this! This is the kind of nose I was looking for!"
Then as JD continued to work he said, "you know what Ms. Stephanie I forgot to add something. It sounds like ha ha hair! I forgot to add hair!"
He then worked to give his creature some fantastic hair!
As WK and JD worked together they talked about making potions.
"We're working on a potion, right here is the keyhole. We need to open the door to work on our potion."
ZW worked on making butterflies!
Mandala work was exciting today too! Check out FD's creations:




















Comments
Post a Comment