What a great time we had in the Forest today! The weather was absolutely beautiful and the air was filled with such wonderful sounds of joy, laughter and excitement from all the children who didn't waste any time running into the Forest. I wondered if I would find anyone creating their own versions a leaf man from the book "Leaf Man" or making designs of Mandala's with nature, but it wasn't to be so today. Instead, what I noticed as I traveled through the Forest keeping up with the children as they went every possible way they could navigating through the Forest paths was various types of games being played.
As you will see, their imaginations take them everywhere. Hide and seek is one of their favorite games to play and they love hiding from me. They have so much fun running away when I find them. It's so funny when I find them and they'll say "there she is! Run, run, run!"





Climbing is always one of their favorite things to do. This friend was very persistent and was determined to make it across this branch and was so excited when he did.
"I made it!"
Of course he didn't stop there. He found yet, another tree to climb and made it as far as he could before asking for help to get back down. But, instead he decided that he was going to brave it out and figure out how to climb back down. He successfully made it all the way back down and was very proud of himself. What a great feeling!
ZW asked me to come take a look at what she could do. She laughs while hanging between the two branches and said "this is cool!"
These two friends are having fun playing Ghostbusters.
These friends follow the path as they play ring-around-the rosy.


WM - Hey JG, lets climb on the ship. This is a boy ship.
ZG - I want to play too.
WM - Okay, it's a boy and a girl ship. It's a cruise ship. Get on!
"Look at these mushrooms!"
It's so nice to see friends helping one another when someone asks for help. In the picture above, WM boots were stuck in the mud and he asked JG would he please come help him get them out and of course, JG was happy to help. "I got it" he said after freeing WM's boot from the mud.
Can't wait to see what adventures lie ahead next week when we come back to the Forest. Have a wonderful day!
Comments
Post a Comment