This week has been absolutely amazing! I'm in awe of how well every one of your children has done this week. From drop off to pick up there have been so many different transitions and new things to learn. Your children (and you) have adapted so well to our new normal and I'm so impressed! Thank you for all that you are doing to help make this a special and wonderful school year!
With all of that said, we had a great day today. The weather was absolutely beautiful so we spent our time exploring and learning outside! We were in "zone 3" today which included the rock pit, the slide, and the climbing wall. Check out all of the fun that we had!
We brought materials out to work with in the rock pit. The kids wanted to use the utensils and pots and pans to do some digging in the rocks. These two friends wanted to scoop and poor!
The slide was a big hit! They took turns going down one at a time and even made trains of a few children at a time. All I heard in this area was laughter!
Climbing is always a great skill for children to practice. Our friends climbed all over the climbing wall, some were braver than others!
"This rock is brown with a white stripe, there's a brown stripe too."
We had many different levels of jumpers today in the rock pit too! It was interesting to watch each child pick the perfect jumping spot, some higher than others, but everyone found the spot that made them happy! One friend wanted to jump from the higher spots and her friends encouraged her lovingly. She never made it off of the high spot but I think she will in time!
"I made a superhero!"
"We're looking for the perfect rocks."
Here's how we took our mask break today. Everyone got their water bottle and sat on their carpet square in the shade of a lovely tree!
Back to the slide we went! This time the kids decided to make a tunnel for each other to go through! Check out the video below to hear their excitement!
We ate all of our meals outside today too! This is lunch. One friend told me that they loved our fun Friday! I can't wait to see what next week brings!
We hope that everyone has a safe, fun three day weekend! I'm going to wear my mask this weekend, how about you?!
























Comments
Post a Comment