We made our way to the hillside this morning with all kinds of fun ideas in our heads about what we wanted to do and then we found a wonderful surprise! As we came through the gate one of our friends excitedly yelled (pointing to 3 large spindles), "what's that thing? Can we play with it?" I replied, "what do you guys think that is?" I got a lot of shoulder shrugs but AC said, "I want to roll it down the hill!" and then this became our excitement for the morning. I continued to talk with a few friends about what they thought these big round objects were. WK said, "maybe it's a tire?" FD said, "maybe it goes on a wagon like ours?" and ZW said, "I think it is from a little car."
No matter what we thought they were we were excited to play with them. The kids spent the whole morning rolling them down the hillside, trying to see if they could beat it down the hill or trying to see if one of them was faster than the other! We are lucky because we can go back to this space on Monday and do some more experimentation with them. Maybe we'll come up with a good name for them too! We'll keep you posted!!!
The spindles were put to other uses as well! These friends pretended that it was a steering wheel for a big ship!
And these friends wanted to roll it to each other on the bench!
Have a great weekend everyone!








Comments
Post a Comment