Happy Wednesday Willows!
Hello my Willow friends, I hope everyone is doing well!
Today I am excited to share another paper exploration experience with you! On Monday we created beautiful, symmetrical paper sculptures and today we are going to make an animal out of paper using origami! Do you remember what origami is? Origami is the traditional Japanese art or technique of folding paper into a different forms such as animals or flowers! We were making all different kinds of animals, flowers, and shapes out of origami before we went on spring break. I thought today we could have a little refresher! Check out the video below to see what we are making!
Materials
Paper
Scissors
Markers
Here's a video on how to make a special animal! I wonder if you can guess what it is!
In case you would like the instructions on how to make a fish I have added them here and I added the instructions for a cat because the kids loved to make the cat while we were doing this in our classroom!
Now how about a story? I decided to read the book Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister to you, enjoy!
And lastly, for your viewing pleasure, Ms. Katie sings us a song! You have to get up, sing along and do the actions!!! Have fun!



Comments
Post a Comment