It's always amazing to observe children as they work. I sat down at this table observing EK as she worked very diligently creating something with these materials. I didn't talk or interrupt her thinking as she was completely focused on placing these materials in a certain manner. She finally looks at me and says "I'm making a house."
These are candles to make it hot for the house.
I'm putting trees around the house.
CK comes over and says to EK "there can be a kitty inside the house." Oh yes! replied EK and they begin working together. CK places her oragami kitty on top of one of the trees. "I'm putting these caps on top of the trees, they're beds for the little animlas" exclaims EK.
EK - This is the door.
CK - We have to make a carpet to put our shoes on. At our new house you have to take off your shoes and you can even take off your socks if you want too.
We put a fountain right here with a red button to push it on. The door will get kind of wet from the fountain but it's okay.
These rocks on top are pillows for the animals beds.
CK decided to leave the table and CS came over and asks EK "Can I help you please?" Yes you can EK says.
How bout we add the baskets to make swimming pools!
This is the big one and this is the medium one.
EK - I wish we could make another house right here but we don't have anymore materials.
Where might you find more materials I asked.
They both excitedly said : In the block area but there are no more small blocks.
CS - Yes there is!
They both go to the block area and find another basket of blocks that worked out perfectly for what they were trying to achieve and begin working together.
But EK, my house won't be as nice as yours.
EK - Oh yes it will. It'll be beautiful! Both of ours together!
I put a slide right here so that people can go up and down.
EK - This is a bouncy castle for our house.
This is the door to go through to get inside of our beautiful house.
This is the look out up here to see over to the bridge.
They finally complete their houses and CS sits and admires the house they just built.
CS - This is teh most beautiful house in the whole world!!!
I need to add just one more thing to the bridge. It needs a light so that everyone can see when they go over it. Now, we're finished! It's so beautiful! We did it CS!

























Comments
Post a Comment