It was quite a day of outdoor exploration for Willow today! We decided to take our materials outside and get a new perspective on what we have been working on. We went to the area outside of our windows to do some building and were surprised with a pile of bamboo that someone left out! We excitedly began to build.
"Look how high this can go!"
"We're going to make a house. Put them on the wall."
"Mine's bigger than yours. The green one goes higher."
"This has chocolate milk in it."
Once the kids had moved the bamboo off of the big wooden circle I put out some loose parts to work with to encourage more 3D artwork. Several of the kids went right to work!
As I looked at GM's work I noticed the beautiful symmetry that she was using for her design. We talked together about symmetry; what it is and how to use it. GM has a great eye for symmetry and was excited to continue using it in her work. Other kids followed!
"I have one on each side, that's symmetry!"
"I can use symmetry. I put one on each corner, they look the same all around."
The fairy garden was beautiful outside!
"What do you see? It's so pretty over there!"
The kids loved painting outside. We heard all kinds of comments like:
"This is fun!"
"I love painting!"
"These colors are so pretty."
"I made a picture frame."
"Look at all my rainbows!"




































Comments
Post a Comment