Today was another great day in Willow! We worked with the flowers that we started drawing on Friday. The children have done a great job focusing on the different parts of the flowers and looking for what colors that they would like to use to match the flower that they are sketching. We also added some pictures of flowers that we have seen on our walks in nature. The kids have loved drawing those as well.We also had friends working in the block area, pretending in with the kitchen materials, a group went to make pathways in the collaboratory, and a group went to the kitchen to make some playdough! It was a very busy day with lots to explore!
"This one is a baby flower and it's starting to bloom."
"My picture has a little orange like the real flower."
"I have to find the best yellow to look like the flower. It's like the sun."
"I like the pink, I need some white so I can put it in the middle of the pink."
"I need yellow. It has yellow around it. The red is on the inside."
"Look there's little black pieces in the middle. I made them on my picture too."
"I want two flowers. I'm going to make the white one and the pink one. They are the prettiest."
"I'm going to make a rainbow flower. I need all the colors of the rainbow; red, yellow, blue, green, orange, purple, and pink."
"This is where unicorns can run around."
"Mine (his building) gives things power. If they (the cars) go on here they get power."
"We're having waffles and broccoli and carrots at our picnic."
"An then we'll have dessert."
"We're driving in our car. I have my seatbelt on!"
The group that went to the kitchen had a lot of fun making playdough today! They did all the measuring and mixing to make beautiful playdough.
"Ooh, that's very lumpy!"
"It looks like a lot of blue."
"Yeah! Look at it! It's blue!"
"Don't stir too fast."
"This does not look like playdough."
"What does it look like?"
"It looks like blue pancake mix."
"It looks like cake."
"It looks like you're mixing a bowl of food."
"It looks like soup."
"It's going to look as shiny as a tin man!"
The playdough was awesome and the kids had a blast working with it!




































Comments
Post a Comment