Figuring things out...

We have noticed lately that the children are very interested in cutting things out of paper. They love to use scissors and glue so this morning we put them out to see what the kids would make!
 ML cut this pieces out like paper dolls. She said, "They're the same, look!"

 ZS: It's a treasure map, the X marks the spot." 
 CB made this mask. He wanted it to stay on his face so he tried glue (glue stick glue and it worked) but I asked him if he could come up with another way for his mask to stay on his face. He went back to work and came back to me saying, "Ms. Beth I figured it out, look it stays on!" Amazing problem solving!!!

 MM made a telescope so he could see into space!
 JB cut out each letter of his name individually and then laid them out in the correct order! It took a long time and a lot of hard work for J to accomplish his goal!

 PH: I'm making shapes to make a policeman car.
SB took a long time to cut out each piece that she wanted to add to her house. She said, "I put a roof, a door and a window on my house. This is the girl that lives there."

 We had one friend ask for an envelope. I asked the kids if they thought they could create their own envelopes. The kids all started working on different ways to make envelopes! 
GM said, "Look I made my own design."
SB said, "I'm going to watch my friends and then I'll make one."

 ZS took a little bit of time to study a real envelope and then created his own.
ZS to PH, "Can I see the envelope?"
PH hands the envelope to him.
ZS said, "I can make this!"
 A little snowflake making!

 AF: "I made the most beautiful thing!"
ML: "I made a table with a flower on it."
 ST: "Come to my lemonade stand! I have lots of lemonade."
 GM and AF worked together at the light table. They designed 2 castles; one for animals and one for the Queen and King who sit at the top.

 "We're making ice cream!"
 EK and CS worked together with loose parts. 
EK: "This is a pathway that goes through the tunnel and it's really dark in there. The people walk on the pathway to the other tunnel that CS made."
CS: "This is the swimming pool and the pathway leads to the castle. The princess is sleeping in her bed and these are the toys."

Due to this yucky weather a group went to the gym for a little bit as well!
 "We're playing video games."



BM: "Ooh! These are colorful! There's purple and pink, green and yellow, red and orange, blue and light up blue. I'm making a playhouse like Jack and Annie. It's a rainbow."

Comments