“Exploring in here in the Tinkering room!”

 I took a couple of group to the tinkering room to explore. It was exciting to watch and listen to the children as they began looking around wondering what they would first.  It didn't take long before a couple of friends noticed the boxes on the lower shelf of the closet.  They decided to check them out to see what was inside. 
 CM - What's in the blue box?
 CM - Oh my gosh! It's a lot of tools!
 MM - Yeah! It's a whole lot of tools!
 After inspecting the blue box, they decided to work on fixing the bike.  They used the tools they'd found in the closet and toolbox to repair the bike.  One friend said they had to fix the bike because it was missing two wheels.  Another friend found a small wheel and suggested  they put it on the bike to replace the missing wheel.  EK asked: "How do we put it on?" CS said: "We can screw it on?"  The friends worked together using the tools to repair the bike.

 





 PH - I need a flat screwdriver to take these out.

The second group went into the tinkering room and continued working on the bike.
 MD - I need a toolbox.  Oh! I found one! It's so heavy!

MD - Hey guys!  This is a magnet!
 MD - Remember we were making robots in here!


SB - I don't know what kind of tool this is.
MD - I think it's a drill.  Yep! That's what it is. It's a drill.

The children enjoyed working and exploring in the tinkering room so much so that none of them wanted to leave.  As ZM said: "It's fun in here! I don't want to go back to the room!"  We will be back again!

Comments